We all know the importance of kitchen appliances and electronics in the 21at century. Gone are the days when you had to manually do everything – from making dough, to roasting a turkey and cleaning the dishes, there’s a modern solution for all those labor intensive tasks. One of the modern solutions includes convection oven for all your cooking-related needs.
What’s A Convection Oven?
A convection oven comes with a fan and exhaust system which a regular oven does not. Simply put, there’s more even distribution of heat in a convection oven, than a regular one, as the fan and exhaust help in blowing hot oven air around the food and then vent it back out. Consequently, the hot air surrounds the food and the food is prepared quickly. You won’t have to wait for hours to ensure that your meals are ready or not. A convection oven is highly efficient and quick.
Why Should You Use One?
You might be wondering what’s so special about a convection oven that can actually make you buy one. Below are some of the factors mentioned.
- Fast cooking – If you’re an impatient cooker or you just like preparing your meals quickly to leave a good impression on the guests, then convection oven can help you cook faster via hot air blowing technology.
- Even distribution of heat – Since the distribution of heat is even, so is the cook on the meat or any other type of ingredient. It cooks evenly and does not leave any side under or over cooked.
- Great at browning – Convection oven creates a dry atmosphere to make sure there’s a nice brown colour on the meat and veggies without making the interior moist, unlike regular ovens.
The Differences Between Convection and Conventional Oven
The main differences between both the popular ovens include, firstly, the heating elements. In a conventional oven, the heating elements are on the top and bottom of the oven cavity, whereas in convection ovens, the heating elements are present in addition to a fan that circulates the hot air across the oven cavity.
Notably, both of them look similar on the outside, but the functionality differs. It is believed that convection ovens save energy, more than a regular oven too.
When Is It Ideal To Use A Convection Oven?
It is ideal to use a convection oven when you want to cook the food in a dry environment. This means that if you want to brown or crisp your meals, then this should be your go-to. It’s also ideal for roasting potatoes, turkey, veggies and a lot more. Moreover, it is great for reheating food like baking pizza or fried chicken as well.
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Convection Oven
Some of the factors that you should keep in mind before investing in a convection oven would be the following:
- The Power Source
From all electric convection ovens to natural gas and several others, you must first decide which one suits you best. If the electricity costs in your vicinity are high, then investing in a gas convection oven would be a sensible option, and vice versa.
Thanks to the advancing technology, you now have the option to explore styles of convection ovens too. These may be available in two forms: floor model and countertop. Countertop is the most commonly purchased one, but you may want a floor model if there’s lack of space on your countertop to keep an oven.
There are many sizes of convection ovens. If you want to cook multiple things at a time, then you might want to invest in an oven that has deep depth to add as many ingredients as you want.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you follow a link to purchase the products, I sometime earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Without further ado, let’s head onto the list.
Our Recommended Compact Convection Oven
1. COSORI CO130-AO
Ranking at the very top, this stellar piece of machinery is surely a keeper. It comes with a plethora of functions and you can do everything with it. From baking, roasting to broiling and a lot more, it has got you covered. Moreover, it has large capacity to cater to your needs and cook for around 4-7 people. It is efficient and ergonomic that comes with a recipe book and other accessories as well.
- More than 12 functions – broiling, air frying, baking, etc.
- Has large capacity which can cater many dishes at a time
- Comes with many accessories like crumb tray, wire rack and a lot more
- Uses less oil in the air fry function – makes it efficient and healthy
2. Oster TSSTTVMNDG-SHP-2
Another great option that you should try in terms of convection oven would be this one. It comes with amazing looks and robust technology that has wide temperature range and gives you a nice cook. It has a large interior that can accommodate many dishes at a time and even a 12 inch pizza. The seamless cleanup will make you fall in love with this machine.
- Aesthetically appealing with powerful functionality
- Wide range of temperature controls and has digital controls too with seven cooking settings
- Large capacity to accommodate many dishes
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Comes with an interior light for seamless viewing
3. NutriChef PKRTO28
Featuring a great kitchen appliance that excels in offering diversity and convenience to its customers, this one is a keeper. It comes with dual hot plates that cater to versatile cooking styles like grilling with griddle and baking on a baking tray. It has energy efficient lower to save electricity and has sufficient capacity for many dishes at a time. It is also easy to clean with stain resistant housing.
- Comes with dual hot plates and versatile cooking styles
- Easy adjustment of time, temperature and other functions with the front panel controls
- Energy efficient machine that will save electricity
- Super easy to clean with stain resistant housing and slide out trays
- Comes with safety features like auto shut off
4. Breville BOV800XL
Presenting you a great kitchen appliance that’s surely going to make life a lot easier for you. This convection oven comes with robust features like the element IQ system that allows high performance and diversity. It comes with nine cooking functions and an LCD display, along with non stick cavity coating which makes it easy to clean it as well.
- Comes with element iQ system that uses smart algorithms to create the ideal cooking environment
- Comes with nine cooking functions that lets you cook with versatile styles
- Has large capacity and an LCD display that indicates when pre-heat has completed
- Non stick coating makes it easy to clean and maintain
5. VAL CUCINE TA-25GX1
A unique, yet a contemporary design that’s sure to catch your attention, when it comes to convection ovens. This oven comes with a large capacity and ten preset digital functions. It also has a digital display and analogue to operate it with utmost ease. It comes powerful technology and easy to turn knobs to adjust the temperature and timings.
- Large capacity as compared to others
- Has nine cooking functions and presents along with a digital display for a clear view and easy operation
- Comes with two knobs to adjust time and temperature
- Good looking with a glass door to see the inner contents with ease
6. KitchenAid KCO224BM
Looking for something classy and upbeat? Then look no further, as you’ve arrived at the right pick. This convection oven can grab anyone’s attention within seconds. It comes with adequate capacity and even heat convection technology that cooks much faster than the others. Moreover, it also has twelve cooking functions and a digital display too.
- Upbeat and modern design that can make your kitchen look nice
- Comes with more capacity and even heat convection technology that facilitates faster cooking
- Comes with twelve cooking functions and preheats much more quickly than others
7. FOTILE HYZK26-E1
A convection oven that’s going to make your jaws drop, will be this one, for sure. Owing to the exquisite and high end looks and a contemporary design, this one is a keeper. It comes with multiple functionalities that lets you do anything you want – bake, steam, air fry and a lot more. It comes with a unique steam bake mode that locks the moisture in your food to keep it tender.
- Multiple functionalities with four main cooking styles including air fry, steam, bake and dehydrate
- Unique steam bake mode that locks moisture into your food to keep it tender
- Comes with 40+ preset menus that lets you cook effortlessly without too much of a hassle
- Comes with a full year warranty
8. VEVOR FD-47
Another exquisite and high end option in terms of convection oven that we have for you, would be this one. It comes with a spacious interior and interior lighting for a better view as well. It comes with easy to use knobs for temperature and time control and has an efficient fan. Besides that, it has a tempered glass door with a stainless steel body that’s easy to clean too.
- Large capacity with a spacious interior and an interior lighting for a clearer view
- Excellent hot air circulation with easy to operate knobs for precise control of temperature
- Stainless steel material allows easier maintenance and cleaning
- Cool touch AI alloy handle that’s easy to hold and is comfortable
9. Wolf Gourmet WGCO150S
Presenting you yet another versatile and powerful option in terms of convection oven, this one comes with interior lighting, precise temperature controls as well as energy saving technology. Moreover, it consists of heated air throughout the oven and has seven cooking modes. Besides that, it comes with a five year limited warranty too.
- Powerful functionality with interior lighting, precise temperature control and energy saving technology
- Seven cooking modes ranging from roasting, baking, broiling and a lot more
- Easy to use knobs and an all cool handle for a seamless and sturdy grip
- Compact and a space saving design
10. Moffat E22M3
Last, but not the least, this robust convection oven comes with good capacity to accommodate many ingredients and has a single direction low velocity fan, along with a manual 60 minutes timer. Furthermore, it comes with single phase connection and an efficient control panel indicator as well as a buzzer.
- High end and an exquisite option
- Comes with tray spacing and sheet pan capacity as well
- Comes with easy to use knobs for temperature and timing control
- Comes with manual 60 minute timer for seamless control over cooking
That having said, it brings us to an end to our article. It can be safely concluded that a connection oven can do more good than harm for your cooking needs and kitchen requirements. It is important to sort out your priorities though. If you’re looking for something that works well, but looks good, then you’ll find many options above.
However, if you’re looking for the one that can accommodate many things at once, then you should keep size as the major factor and let the design element slide to meet your requirements. Moreover, connection oven cook food evenly and are known for saving energy as well. It can not only be a long term investment, but also a powerful and feature-packed machinery that can perform all the major functions like roasting, air frying, baking and etc., for you!