If you’re a cooking enthusiast or simply someone who likes to cook conveniently, then you might have considered buying a dual-fuel range at some point in your life. Dual fuel ranges are the type of cooking ranges that feature both a gas cooktop, as well as an electric oven – helping you reap the benefits of both. If you are a newbie, you might be wondering what both do. So here are snippets of information about them.
- Gas cooktops offer immediate heat, along with better temperature control.
- Electric ovens offer evenly distributed heat which makes them ideal for boiling, roasting, and baking.
So, going back to the main topic – dual fuel ranges give you the best of both worlds in terms of a gas cooktop and an electric oven. Having both in your kitchen can be a major plus point for your cooking experience. It is important to note that dual ranges require 240 volt wall outlet and a gas hookup to support two different heat sources. If your kitchen does not have it, consider getting a gas line by a trusted professional.
How Long Does A Dual Fuel Range Last?
It may last anywhere between 13 to 15 years, depending on how well you can maintain it. Since it offers two luxuries, it also brings a huge responsibility of cleaning and maintenance. If done in a proper manner, rest assured, you can expect it to life you a long time.
The Main Advantages of Having A Dual Fuel Range
The main advantages of having a dual fuel range would be that you can bake as you like. Besides that, you can have two options. If one of them is not working, you can opt for the second one. It allows more flexibility in your life and cooking styles too. It can be a cost-effective way to go about things as well.
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Dual Fuel Range
Before investing in a dual fuel range, you should consider the following factors to make an informed decision.
Truth be told, the size matters. Whether it’s the kitchen renovation you’re concerned about or you want to cook a lot of dishes at one time, it is important to evaluate the size of a dual fuel range that you plan to get. The sizes can vary by width including 30 inch, 36 inch and even 48 inch models. The number of burners may also differ for each size.
Unlike appliances in which you only look at functionality, when it comes to dual fuel ranges, you must consider the various styles that it has. From freestanding to slide in styles – the options can be inspiring. Though visual appeal is a matter of personal taste, you should consider the material for ease of cleaning, e.g. stainless steel.
- Cooking Power and Temperature Controls
Gas burners typically come with BTU ratings. The higher the BTUs, the more the heating power. High quality models will allow you greater heating power through more BTUs. Moreover, at times, lower BTUs can result in burner maintaining very low heat for simmering.
- Additional Features To Look Out For
Some of the additional features that you should look out for include user friendly interface along with burner grates. Also, it should have fingerprint resistant finishes and easy glide oven racks and Wi-Fi connectivity. Additionally, if the dual fuel range is equipped with smart home hubs like Amazon, Google Assistant and Alexa, then it can make the cooking process very interesting for you.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you follow a link to purchase the products, I sometime earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Without further ado, let’s head onto the list.
Our Recommended Compact Dual Fuel Range
1. KoolMore KM-FR36DF-SS
Ranking at the very top, this dual range comes with a sleek design that is especially made for modern kitchens. It comes with stainless steel features along with easy turn knobs, along with an accurate timer. It also has fast and efficient convection cooking option and has smart pre set functions. Moreover, it comes in a freestanding design and has large capacity.
- Professional and a sleek design
- Comes with manual controls and easy to turn knobs
- Comes with smart pre-set functions which makes it easy to broil, bake and defrost
- Comes in a freestanding design and a large capacity
- The stainless steel has range has give gas burners which are enough to make multiple dishes at one time
2. COSMO COS-F965NF
Featuring an exquisite and a robust design that has an array of features – this dual fuel range comes with five performance burners that allow you to cook from high heat to low heat as per your preference. It also comes with a modern and European design that can blend well with your kitchen’s design and has heavy duty construction too.
- Comes with five performance burners with high and low heating power
- Comes with a modern European design with exceptional speed and precision
- Made up of high quality materials with heavy duty construction
- It is fingerprint and smudge resistant that is super easy to clean and maintain too
3. ZLINE RA24
Presenting you a sleek, yet an ultra modern design in terms of a dual fuel range, this one is a keeper. This one comes with high performance with large oven capacity, in which, you can cook as many dishes as you want. It comes with smooth glide ball bearing racks that makes it easy to work with bigger dishes. Moreover, it has dual oven lights too.
- Professional and a neat design which can modify the look of your kitchen
- Comes with large oven capacity which makes it ideal for everyday cooking
- Easy to turn knobs which can be manually handles for temperature and pressure control
- Equipped with LP conversion kit to convert natural gas to propane – but this must be done by a trusted technician
- Comes with dual oven lights
4. NXR SCD3611
Presenting you another powerful kitchen appliance that will be the best investment you have ever made – this dual range is sure to be a keeper. It comes with six burners with high heating power and electric convection with large capacity. It is made up of heavy duty construction that will last you a long time too. It comes with a stainless steel look that is easy to clean.
- Made up of heavy duty construction and high quality materials that is durable and long lasting
- Comes with six sealed burners with high heating power that lets you simmer on low heat and boil on high heat
- Stainless steel material makes it appealing and easy to clean
- Comes with two years warranty
5. Kucht KRD306F
Featuring another great option in terms of dual fuel range, this one comes with a unique design that’s sure to grab your attention. This dual fuel range comes with four burners with high heating power and good capacity that makes it suitable for everyday cooking. It has manual controls which makes it easy to use as well.
- Full stainless steel coverage with professional handle and manual knobs to control temperature and pressure
- Good capacity that can accommodate many dishes at a time
- Sleek and modern looking dual fuel range that can look great in your kitchen
6. Bosch HDI8056U
Featuring a robust and reliable 30 inch slide in dual fuel range that comes in stainless steel material which makes it aesthetically appealing and easy to clean. It comes with an LED display and manual knobs for temperature control. With a cool handle, you can enjoy a wonderful cooking experience.
- Sleek and professional looking design
- Stainless steel material which makes it easy to clean and can look great in your kitchen too
- Comes with LED display and manual knobs for temperature control
- Stay cool handle for seamlessly looking after the meals
- Slide in design which can fit well into your kitchen
7. FORNO FFSGS6156-48
Not impressed with the ones mentioned above? Then look no further, as this one is surely going to impress you at the very first glance. It comes with eight Italian brass burners, guaranteeing you excellent quality that is second to none. It comes with high heating power, maximum cooking control, as well as a plethora of other features.
- Eight Italian brass burners with high heating power and great temperature control
- Good oven capacity with four electro plated steel oven racks and three glass layered door for easy view
- Made up of stainless steel material with 12 cast zinc metal knobs which will look great too
- Comes with additional features like lower stainless decorative panel and much more
8. Verona Prestige Series VPFSGE365BU
Presenting you a high end dual fuel range that comes with the prestigious label of Made in Italy and stainless steel design. It stands out because of the unique color. Moreover, it is durable and has high corrosion resistance, along with chrome knobs, stainless steel round oven handle and a lot more. With the easy to turn manual knobs, cooking can be super convenient.
- No need for any skills – manual knobs allow you to cook with precision and utmost ease
- An ultra modern design with a unique color
- Made in Italy – promises excellent quality and craftsmanship
- Comes with digital clock and timer, along with adjustable stainless steel legs as well
9. Thorkitchen HRD3606U
If you’re looking for a dual fuel range that’s going to make your kitchen stand out from the rest and has amazing functionally too, then look no further, as this one can cater to your needs with perfection. This dual fuel range comes with good oven capacity which makes it ideal for cooking multiple dishes at one time. It also comes with six burners which can be a treat for all those who are impatient cookers.
- Modern and ultra modern design with large oven capacity to accommodate large number of dishes
- Comes with six burners and has high heating power
- Control the gas and oven settings manually using the convenient stainless steel knobs
10. Ancona AN-2330SS
Last, but not the least, this one stands out for its stellar performance and robust functionality. This dual fuel range comes with a freestanding design and large oven capacity. It has fully covered stainless steel design with bold steel control knobs for temperature and pressure control. It has four Italian made burners that allow excellent heat transmission. It also comes with a natural gas conversion kit.
- Comes with a freestanding design and large oven capacity
- Has stainless steel body with Italian made burners
- Comes with cast iron pan and easy to clean black enamel base
- Has natural gas conversion kit too
- Comprises of a triple layer cool touch glass door to view the dishes easily
It can be concluded that the best dual fuel range would ideally have modern design with a range of functionalities including heating power, excellent quality and easy to use interface and controls. Although you should opt for the one that has smart controls as well, but that could be too heavy on your pocket as well.
If you’re able to afford an expensive one and have a high budget for it, then opt for the one that has Wi-Fi connectivity and smart features that can enable you to cook with ease and convenience. Besides that, a dual fuel range is your safest bet as it will be a great long term investment which can help you save a lot too! Good luck finding yours and we hope this article helped you out as well.