From heaters and cars to stoves and ovens, manufacturers around the world have moved from traditional gas-only goods to all-electric ones. This is primarily because of the ease that comes from all-electric products. They are not only environmentally friendly but also save your costs.
Likewise, electric stoves were considered the best stoves in 2023. This is because they are deemed the cleanest, safest, and most efficient kinds. Though gas stoves are relatively cheaper, electric stoves tend to be a long-term investment that you will not regret. Besides that, a good stove can make sure that your tortillas, pancakes, stews, soups, and other ingredients do not get a soggy bottom and you get the perfect boil too!
Types of Heating Systems In Electric Stoves
Electric stoves work with a specialized heating system that comes in a variety of options. These include:
- Electric stoves comprising of a heating coil that converts electricity into heat energy.
- Induction-based system that uses the electromagnetic effect to produce heat.
- Flat ceramic top stoves snuggle hidden induction systems – notably though, induction system uses highly efficient electromagnets for heating purposes.
Types of Electric Stoves
Besides the heating systems present within electric stoves, there can be many types of electric stoves in general, differing in terms of styling and design too. Some of the types of electric stoves are mentioned below.
- Built-in Electric Stoves
These types of electric stoves tend to be flat and square stovetops with four burners that fit into a kitchen countertop. Once they are fitted and installed, they stay there permanently, unless you decide to change the look of your kitchen. In that case, you may consider relocating them somewhere else.
- Portable Electric Stoves
Portable electric stoves tend to be smaller, and you can move them around in the kitchen easily as they are compact and lightweight. They can be operated using a plug and then store away when it is not in use. They tend to come with one or two burners but are regarded as highly convenient.
- Ranges With Stoves
Ranges with stoves come in either slide-in or freestanding ranges with an oven and cooking range as an all-in-one large kitchen appliance. Moreover, even double oven ranges come with stoves on top.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. When you follow a link to purchase the products, I sometime earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Some Important Features To Look Out For:
Electric stoves can be a lot more expensive than gas stoves. However, you can get an electric stove for a price as low as $12 and as high as $500 or more. It can be a good long-term investment if you are getting a highly expensive one.
Note that the expensive ones have better specifications too.
- Single/Double Burner
If you do not cook frequently or do too many things at a time, then you may want to opt for a single electric stove which can work well for you. On the contrary, if you must cook two things at a time, then go for a double burner which is more convenient as well.
- Easy Heat Adjustment
You should be looking for an electric stove that features easy heat adjustments, either with a dial or on an LCD screen. This helps you choose the right temperature for your meals so that they are scrumptious after they are cooked.
Since an electric stove operates via electricity, you may be adding a lot more cost because of high electricity bills. When looking for an electric stove, be sure to choose the one that has energy-saving functionalities to keep your bills low!
Without further Ado, let’s get into it.
Our Recommended Compact Electric Stove
1. IMUSA USA GAU-80305
Ranking at the very top, this compact and space saving electric stove should be your go-to. It not only comes at an economical price, but has stellar features and excellent performance that’s sure to leave you amazed. It comes with a convenient dial to adjust the temperature settings from low, medium and high. It also comes with robust technology which ensures even distribution of heat.
- Compact and lightweight design
- A convenient dial to adjust heat and temperature
- Can be placed anywhere in the kitchen as it is portable
- Power indicator light attached
- Comes with no slip rubber feet that prevents it from sliding
2. Proctor Silex 34106
Another great option for you to try in terms of electric stove would be that of Proctor Silex. This robust piece of machinery facilitates fast heating with 1200 watts and is space saving too. You can carry it with you to your camping trips as well as outdoor BBQ parties. It comes as a single burner that is compatible with every kind of cookware including aluminum.
- Quick heating with 1200 watts so it cooks and boils quickly
- Compact and portable so can be used at outdoor events
- Works with all types of cookware including aluminum material
- Easy temperature adjustment from warm to high
- Super easy to clean as you can lift up the heating coil after it cools to wipe away the spills
3. Elite Gourmet EDB-302BF
This exquisite and a professional option in terms of electric stove should be your go-to. This one is for all those who love cooking. With two burners, you can make two meals at a time. Both burners comprise of a temperature adjustment knob so that makes it easier to cook too. Instead of a coil, this one comes with a flat surface that offers more support and balance to the cookware.
- Professional and a sleek design with two burners
- Comes with two burners and two adjustment knob
- Easy to clean as the surface is flat, so you can wipe off with a damp cloth
- Built-in safety with dual power indicator lights on the front to remind you when it is turned on
- Efficient power – it comes with 1500 watts
- Comes with nonstick plates which ensures seamless cooking experience
4. Ovente BGI102S
Featuring another useful, yet a powerful electric stove, this one is sure to be a keeper. It comes with double burners and hassle free functionality that is easy to understand too. It uses infrared technology for quick and even distribution of heat and it is compatible with most cookware material. It can easily be kept on the countertop and moved around when you want to change the look of your kitchen.
- Compatible with most cookware including ceramic, aluminum and iron, etc
- It comes with a sleek crystallite ceramic glass top that makes it look professional and is slim and compact too
- Since it is made up of glass material, it is easy to clean, using a damp cloth
- The brand offers exceptional customer service and it also comes with warranty of 1 year
5. NUWAVE PIC FLEX Precision Induction
Another great electric stove that you should be getting would be that of Nuwave. This professional and high end electric stove will meet all your demands. It not only facilitates easy adjustments, but has many pre-programmed temperatures along with shatterproof ceramic glass. Coming with an array of interesting functionalities and stellar performance, this one is surely a keeper for all the cooking enthusiasts out there.
- Compact and lightweight
- Comes with easy adjustments and intuitive digital controls
- It has 45 pre programmed temperatures and you can also add or deduct cooking time whenever you want
- Comes with a shatterproof ceramic glass that can withstand intense heat
- It is made up of powerful and superior technology with patented insulation technology and built in safety
- It is reliable as it made by a well-reputed brand
6. COMFEE CCB18T4ASB
Featuring another great electric stove that’s sure to blow your mind would be that of COMFEE. This feature packed stove brings you compatible magnetic bottom with multifunctional induction cooktop that has superior power and quality. It is energy efficient and is super easy to clean. Besides that, it is safe to use owing to the protection features like overheating protection and diagnostic error system.
- Comes with a multifunctional induction cooktop with 8 power and temperature modes which can meet your cooking needs ranging from cooking, steaming and a lot more
- Comes with a built in digital timer that shuts off automatically so it is very convenient too
- It is energy efficient and has a compatible magnetic bottom cookware
- It is easy to clean and has nonstick durable glass panel
- It comes with a waterproof LED display
- It is compact and lightweight
7. COOKTRON AAMUS-CT-FS-IC312
This electric stove can leave you see inspired owing to the modern functionality that it has. With a seamlessly exquisite design and adjustable temperature control, along with energy saving features, this can be a great investment. Besides that, it has built-in safety with LED display too. You can cook anything with this powerful machine and you can carry it anywhere too as it is lightweight and portable.
- It comes with adjustable temperature control and robust technology that makes it energy saving
- It has built-in safety with a child lock that ensures their safety and it is not in use
- It can be used with multiple cooking utensils including cast iron, stainless steel as well as many others
- It is made up of high quality and superior technology that means it will last you a long time too
- It is easy to use and carry. The glass surface is scratch resistant and waterproof as well
8. Crux 17177
If you haven’t been impressed with any electric stove up till now, then this one should be it! This electric stove comes with powerful technology and stellar performance coupled with robust features like quick heating and versatile temperature controls. It features a sleek touchscreen with an LCD display that let’s you view your settings at a glance. It has an automatic shut off feature after 120 minutes for your added safety, so that makes it a must-have.
- Comes with quick heating options and versatile power controls
- It features a professional and sleek looking touchscreen control panel with an LCD display, making it super unique and modern
- Comes with automatic shut off and 6 preset functions
- Comes with crystal glass that allows for easy cleanup
- It is space saving and convenient – you can carry it with you anywhere
9. NutriChef PKSTIND52
A great electric stove that’s sure to leave you amazed – this one has dual heating zones with high powered heating options. Not just that, but it also has touch control and energy saving features. Besides that, you can cook two things at a time using this as it is wide with two circular heating zones coming with adjustable temperature setting.
- Dual heating zones – let’s you cook two things at a time on different temperatures
- Has high power heating to cook faster
- Comes with a digital panel and touch controls with LCD display for hassle free cooking
- It is energy efficient as it uses electromagnets to cook heat
10. Duxtop BT-350DZ
Last, but not the least, this powerful electric stove is sure to leave you stunned at its modern technology. Not only can you cook two dishes at a time, but you’re in control! You will be choosing the power mode or temperature mode. It let’s you be the boss and comes with 20 preset levels per mode so you can pick the one that’s best suited for your dish.
- Dual heating zones with digital control panel and an LCD display screen
- Easy to use and clean owing to the glass cook top
- Comes with a child safety lock
- Energy efficient and works with many cooking utensils
Electric stoves are the go-to kitchen appliance these days. Many people are choosing them over the traditional gas stoves. You shouldn’t be taking any chances either as an electric stove is much more convenient, healthy and a safer option. In most cases, you can get discounts on them as well which can make them affordable too.
Besides that, we will recommend you to get a single burner at an economical price to see if it works well for you (be vary of the electricity bill) and if it does, then you can opt for a double one for added convenience. Nonetheless, you can browse through the top brands like Crux and NutriChef to make your picks.